Spring is here, and oh have we been enjoying the return of the sunshine! If you’ve been getting out and enjoying everything the season has to bring, you’ll agree that the last thing you want to be doing is spending ages on your hair; that’s why Lucinda Elllery are here with 5 super cute and simple hairstyles all your friends with envy this spring!
The Undone Bun is our new go-to hairstyle. Not only is it totally simple to create, it’s a great hairstyle for any occasion! Celebrities love this look and this is exactly how it is created:
- Take a diamond section of hair from the crown and backcomb it gently.
- Make two ponytail sections at the nape (the base of your neck) and at the back of the head.
- Tie the ponytails together in a knot.
- Tuck the ends in and pin to create a messy bun.
- Loosen gently and set with some hairspray.
Low Side Braid
This look is particularly perfect for day trips to the beach or music festivals, and is just as stylish for a romantic evening meal. Here’s how to get the Low Side Braid just right:
- Take your comb and create a centre parting that starts at your crown.
- Gather your hair round into a low ponytail on your preferred side and secure with a hairband.
- Next, separate the ponytail into three sections and do a simple braid. Note that it doesn’t have to be perfect; really, the messier the better to perfect this look!
- Secure the end with another hair tie, remove the first hair tie, and voila! An easy, beautiful Low Side Braid. If you want to make it a little messier, pull strands of hair out from the top of your forehead, and why not add some cute flowers down the braid too?
We’re absolutely loving this hairdo, and although it may look complicated, it’s actually super easy to recreate! Spring is the perfect time to experiment with styles, so give this one a go and see what you think!
- Start by brushing all the knots and tangles out of your hair.
- Taking small sections at the front of your hair, make two tiny braids. You can do this on one side of your head or both – it’s up to you!
- Next, put all of your hair, including these braids, into a ponytail.
- Once secured with a hair band, separate the hair from the ponytail into three sections.
- Take the first section of hair and wrap it around the base of the ponytail, covering the hair band, until you get to the end of the section and then pin the ends of that section up with hair slides.
- Repeat this with the other two sections of hair.
- Pin the whole chignon to your head and loosen with your fingers
That’s it! A super simple and gorgeous look, great for an elegant dinner with a loved one.
Gone are the days of the regular ponytail, say hello to the Inverted Ponytail! A jazzed up version of the classic which is an easy style to rock this spring. It’s a great everyday look for work or play. Give it a go:
- Brush your hair to remove any knots
- Gather your hair into a loose ponytail and secure with a hair band
- Just above the hair tie, create a space with your fingers about the size of a golf ball (or bigger if you have a lot of hair, just make sure it’s big enough for your pony to fit through).
- Carefully push your ponytail down through the loop and pull gently to secure.
Done! There’s only four simple steps to this must-have hairstyle.
This is probably our favourite look of them all – especially for spring! Floral prints are a must during this season, so add the perfect touch to your outfit by creating this great hairdo. Here’s just how to do it:
- Gather a section from one side of your head, twist and then secure at the bottom with an elastic. Repeat this step on the other side of your head too.
- Bring these two twisted sections together at the back of your head and tie together with an elastic to make a small ponytail. You can now remove the two elastics from the bottoms of these sections.
- Braid this small ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- Take your braid and twist it around in a circle.
- Secure your little flower in place with hair slides and tweak how you see fit.
That’s it! It’s such a simple look but really adds a sweet seasonal touch to your hair!
Having long hair definitely helps with these styles, so if you would like to get in touch about our hair extensions, contact us here.
The Lucinda Ellery Team x